Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Should Know Me

I shouldn't have to prove myself to you. You should know who I am. You watched me grow up. Why do I have to? Why don't you understand every word that comes out of my mouth? My words have meaning, they are not just fighting words. What I say is who I am, but I shouldn't have to say them. I shouldn't have to sound like a broken record. I tell you who I am and its like you don't even listen. Why don't you?

Everytime you make me defend myself, I walk farther way. Don't shut me down because I am getting so far away that I don't want you to be around. But I should, because you are my parents. You should see what this is doing to me. No book can tell you what it does to me. Only I can, but you should know. You should know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment