Friday, March 20, 2009

Writing: A Moment of Realness

I walk in and sit down at a table. James walks up to me."Hey," he says and sits next to me. "Hey," I say in a cloudy voice and gaze around the room. I smile when I spot who I'm looking for. Chris strides in like everything is just so cool. His hair is black, eyes are brown. He sets down his bag and walks straight over to our table. My heart races.

"Hello," Chris says and sits down. I smile and start typing like the fact that he siting down isn't affecting me. "Have.. have you been you working on project?" I stutter. I huff in anger on how I screw up my words. Only around him I do this. Chris and James laugh, but don't bring it up. I continue to screw up my sentences till I slow down and finally get them right. Without thinking, I say everything without thinking. Conversations just flow like its natural and like were the only people in the room.

I glance at Chris like he is a prince. James nudges me. I snap out of it and look at the clock. I sigh as time is almost up. Chris and James look at the clock too then start to pack up their stuff. We three walk to the door. Silence ensues and I look up. Chris is looking at me. He smiles like I am a princess. I smile back and our eyes stay locked. Time stops. Heat starts to rush to my head and I feel a total adrenaline rush. I wonder if he is feeling the same. He just seems so content with looking into my eyes. The bell rings and I break the stare. We say our goodbyes and I float out of the room.

I wish that moment could last forever. It felt like a dream, but it wasn't. It was real and so is he. I just hope the dream that me and him are together becomes real too.

1 comment:

  1. great job making time stop! Did oyu mean for your other sentences to be choppy int eh second part? I know you meant for the quoted one to be choppy, but the others? just wonderin' you know the teacher in me!

    ReplyDelete